Security Stronghold Registry Cleaner Review
- Easy to use
- Perfect Interface
- Finds registry errors and fixes them
- Only a few customer support options
- Over priced
SecurityStronghold’s Registry Cleaner is an above average Registry Cleaner with its easy to use interface and when tested it produced good results. But it’s over priced as all you get is a Registry Cleaner and it has limited support options.
Ease of Use:
Interface is perfect, left hand side is where the primary menu is located and its uncluttered and not confusing, it lists all the functions you want to know about when it comes to a registry cleaner. On the right is the main area for the selected menu item on the left, and its present’s relevant information in an easy to read and useful way. The help information is easily located and is positioned in the upper right hand corner.
Security Stronghold Registry Cleaner is well what the names suggests but just to state the completely obvious this program is a Registry Cleaner.
You can do the following with this tool:
- Registry Backup
- Registry Cleaner that lets you customize your scanning process by selecting what sections of the registry you want to scan for errors and fix, the sections are:
- Software HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Entries
- Abandoned Software
- File Extensions
- File Associations
- COM & ActiveX entries
- Windows Autorun entries
- Shell Extensions
- Shared DLLs
- Internet Explorer Toolbar Buttons
- Internet Explorer Browser Helper Objects
- Start Menu Entries
- Add/Remove Program Entries
- Invalid Fonts
- Invalid Shortcuts
- Help File Paths
- Invalid Sound Entries
- Application Paths
- Software HKEY_CURRENT_USER Entries
- Software HKEY_USERS Entries
- Internet Explorer Context Menu Items
It’s XP, Vista and Windows 7 compatible.
How does the Registry affect the performance of your computer?
The registry stores your computers software and hardware settings. If you install or remove programs, adjust program settings, and just everyday operations result in the Windows Registry being used, and overtime the registry gets errors and these errors causes computer problems. Registry Cleaners fix the registry errors and the associated problems those errors cause.
Help and Support:
- Online Helpdesk (Support Ticket System)
- Remote Assistance (Cost Extra)
SecurityStronghold’s Registry Cleaner has only a few technical support choices and is a little expensive for a program that has no extras. It does have some good qualities, which that it’s not hard to use, and when tested by me it found plenty of registry errors and fixed them.