PC Tune-Up Review
- Delivered a speed boost
- Easy to use
- Not as many features as higher-ranked alternatives
- Limited technical support
PC Tune-Up has around a dozen features, but many in its field come with 3 or 4 dozen features these days, so I was not impressed. In addition, the technical support is limited, so you want be able to phone for help.
Ease of Use:
When you first start the program it presents you with a quick start screen that tells you how to speed up your slow computer, it tells you 1. Backup your system, 2. Scan for Problems, 3. Repair found problems and 4. Defrag your computer, and this makes things simple as it tells you exactly how to use the program with a diagram when you open it. It’s well set out with the primary menu on the left and all the options/info on the right. The help section is easy to find and is located in the upper right hand corner. It also has a lot of step-by-step wizards that walk you through performing various system tweaks.
PC Tune-Up by LargeSoftware.com is exactly what the name suggests as it tunes your computer system for better performance.
What it does for your PC:
- It defrags your hard disk
- A restore point is set and a backup of all your files is completed just in case you want to undo any changes that are made by PC Tune-Up.
- It finds and removes any unnecessary junk files to free up hard drive space
- Registry Cleaning (It has automatic repair all or you can manually select what registry errors to fix)
- Registry Defragmentation
- Registry Backup
- Manage Applications that startup when you turn the computer
- Other random System Tweaks
- It also protects your PC from Malicious ActiveX objects
Minimum System Requirements:
Memory: At least 32 MB RAM
Operating System: Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win 7
Help and Support:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Support using Email
PC Tune-Up produced a boost in speed when it was tested and when using it provided lot user direction (instructions) which made it easy to use. When it comes that much need technical support for when unsuspected problems arise it has very little, only email and FAQ support. A lot of system optimization tools these days come with a few dozen features (tools), however PC Tune-Up is lucky if it comes with a dozen, overall you can do better.